Tuesday 23 March 2010

40 skincare and beauty questions

No looks or reviews today as i decided that i had to finally get around to washing my brushes. I'm terrible at it, i put it off and put it off but my brushes were just too grungey to use now and i just wasn't happy using my fingers to apply my slap. I actually rather like the process of cleaning my brushes (i like seeing all the grime coming out and turning the water icky murky colours), but just can never be bothered to do it. So today i finally got around to it (my palm is a little sore from swirling brushes on it :P) and then decided to do some more organisation and have got my makeup all sorted into my new storage system (will show you photos soon if anyone is interested :) ) and now i feel all at peach XD

So today i'm going to be getting on some tags and awards that i've been saving on my computer for when i got a minute. I only have 3 Illamasqua reviews left to do before i'll have reviewed every product i own so Illamasqua Week will definately be over by the end of his week :)

I'm a bit fed up because i bought a beautiful playsuit from Topshop and it arrived today and doesn't fit. Not because it's too small or big but because i am too tall for it :( Still i reckon if i find some similar fabric i can just make a cheaper version at home. And now i'll have £45 to fritter away on nail polish and lipstick save responsibly.

Now let's do a tag or 2! 
How many times do you wash your face daily?
...daily? uhhh.... i wash my face once a day if i've been wearing full face makeup, but much less if i haven't.

What skin type do you have?
Dry and possibly sensitive (i'm not sure what sensitive skin means. I don't break out often at all but my face seems very sensitive to certain things and will sting and hurt)

What is your current facial wash?
Soap and Glory Clean Mary. It's pretty good.

Do you exfoliate?
Yes, about twice a week.

What brand do you use?
Currently Soap and Glory The Greatest scrub of all. Again it's good

What moisturizer do you use?
I'm currently using Avon 24hr moisture in the morning, Skin MD shielding lotion throughout the day and Avon Winter night cream when i go to bed.

Do you have freckles?
Some but they're quite light. I have darker ones on my shoulders. I really like freckles.

Do you use eye cream?
I usually forget it, but i have an avon brightening eye cream which i use very occaisionally if i remember.
Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not really, when i went through puberty i had more spots than now of course, but still they were quite rare.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Uhh i don't even know what that is. 

Make-Up

What foundation do you use?
I don't usually wear it, but when i do i use either Nyx liquid foundation in LM01 pale or Dainty doll mousse foundation in Ivory. I have also just started using a Cargo one i won in a blog sale which is working quite well, and i just picked up a new one by Gosh which i think might be the best match for me yet :)

How about concealer?
I have ELF Studio line concealer and highlighter (i don't usually use the highlighter), Dainty Doll concealer in Fair and Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch in Naked.

Do you know your undertone colour?
I'm pretty certain it's pink, my skin is basically pink.

What do you think of false eyelashes?
I really like them and the look, but i'm usually too lazy to faff around putting them on. I'm ok at applying them but just hate getting the corners to stick to my eyes.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I do know, but i do not do it.

What brand of mascara do you use?
I have a lot of mascaras waiting to be used, but at the moment i'm using my holy grail which is Lancome Oscillation and sometimes Too Faced Lash Injection which i don't like much.

Sephora or MAC?
Well it would be Sephora if i could get there! :(

Do you have a MAC pro-card?
No, but i've bought pro stuff before because there's a shop near me.

What make-up tools do you use in make up application?
Illamasqua and ELF Studio brushes, some other super old brushes, a Lancome lip brush, powder puffs and my fingers.

Do you use make up base/primer for the eyes?
I try to but sometimes just forget.

For the face?
No, because i rarely wear foundation and when i do i always forget to put on my primer, i must try!

What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
Ugh too many! Ok i like neon brights of any shade, any shade of pink and neutrals with a duochrome or glitter or something to make them more interesting.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I generally wear liquid eyeliner (apart from my waterline which is always done with pencil) but i also use pencil at some times.

How often do you poke your eyes with a pencil eyeliner?
I don't think i've done that, i have poked myself in the eye with mascara many a time though.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I really like them but do not like the fall out. But then pressed shadows have fall out too.

Do you use mineral make-up?
I have some Indie makeup with minerals, Aromaleigh shadows and blushes and Morgana Minerals lipstick.

What is your favourite lipstick?
Oh god this cannot be answered! The one i wear the most is Mac Kanga Rouge though.

How about lipgloss?
Illamasqua Intense lipgloss but i can't choose a colour!

What is your favourite blush to use?
Currently Illamasqua Nymph

Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
Occaisionally.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes i do, i like high end too but i find lots of drugstore brands are just as good as the high end.
Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)?
No because i don't know of any near me.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
No, i love doing makeup on myself but never considered a career in it.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I'm pretty good except for matching the wings of my eyeliner, they always turn out wonky.

Name a makeup crime that you hate
I really don't hate any makeup looks or think of any makeup as a 'crime'. I like that people wear what they want to wear and see makeup as a kind of self-expression so it would be horrible to mock other peoples techniques or choices. But there are some things i don't like on myself, particularly nude lips, which i think looks awful on me, long nails and a dewy look.

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I only like colourful lipsticks as, like i've said, nude lips look bad on me, but with eyeshadows i like both. Bright colours are great fun, but i also like neutrals to go for a vintage 50s look paired with lots of black eyeliner.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper, Klaus Nomi

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Red lipstick.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, i do when i just go walk the dogs or something, i don't feel attractive though.

Do you think you look good without any make up on?
No, i look a lot worse and a lot less feminine.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I couldn't say, they all have different qualities and pros and cons.

What do you think of make up?
It's fun and often makes women feel better and more confident, it can be used for artistic expression, to enhance your features or just to play and have fun.

I tag anyone who hasn't done this yet :)

3 comments:

  1. nice 40 question haha..
    aww aww yes yes i want sephora go international too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that I look like a man if I dont wear makeup :|

    I would kill for a Sephora in Australia, though the prices would be outrageous and it probably wouldnt even be in my state D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. ipehisphere:
    it used to be here! I remember going into town all excited to go to Sephora and it was gone. I thought the shop had just shut down but no, they took it away from the UK D:

    SilhouetteScreams:
    I'm sure it's just in our heads.
    Yeah it's mental how much makeup costs you in Oz! It's cheaper in America than it is overhere but you guys how it stupidly tough!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.