Monday 23 August 2010

Doing Claire's Makeup

Claire wanted me to do her makeup. Oh boy was it stressful! I don't think i've ever done someone elses makeup before and i am not very good at it! Though she didn't help, she kept having laughing fits and thrashing around. I originally was going to do a semi complicated eye look but after nearly having a nervous breakdown i wiped it off and went for something much more simple.
Claire wanted a regal look to go with her new crown:





The ferret princess is better than the unicorn queen, that bizyotch don't even have no proper crown!

Claire is wearing:
Face: UD surreal skin cream foundation in Illusion, avon face powder, Illamasqua powder blusher in Sin
Eyes: BFTE Lace (on browbone and inner corner) and Sugarpill Goldilux Chromalust on lid, black mascara
Lips: NYX round lipstick in Black Cherry

Anyway even though it was stressful Claire really loved it, she said she felt beautiful afterwards so i will do it again and who knows, maybe i will get better!
However, occaisionally (presumably because i do lots of over the top 'out there' looks quite well on myself) people say i should be a makeup artist. Umm... no! It was so, so difficult to even achieve this look! :P

I then did my makeup in the design i had originally been trying for with Claire before i had to resort to a very simple one colour plus highlight eye look.



 
Face: UD surreal skin cream foundation in Illusion, avon face powder, Illamasqua powder blusher in Sin
 Eyes: BFTE Lace (on browbone and inner corner), Sugarpill Goldilux Chromalust used very sheerly over Lace and used wet as liner on upper lid line and on waterliner, Royal Sugar on lid, black mascara
Lips: Well i thought i used the same lipstick as on Claire but it looks different :/

In other news there are too many great things I want to buy at the moment :( For the first time in ages  actually want some Mac stuff (Dare to Wear lipglasses), Models Own are having an amazing 50% off sale, Illamasqua are coming out with their new collection (anyone know if the bloggers event is happening? I got an email saying it might be in August but nothing since then so i assume it's not happening anymore), Cherry culture are having their 20% off sale etc etc 
But i am going on holiday soon and also owe my mum money so i can't afford to get anything and this makes me very sad.



25 comments:

  1. I love both the looks you did girl! gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, doing makeup on other people is so much harder! Because you know how to draw that line on your face, but when you have to draw the same line on somebody else ... it get's all messy and it just doesn't look/feel right.
    But still you did a good job on her :)
    And I love the blue/gold combo on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find doing makeup on other people so much easier! Probably since I can't see when I'm doing it on myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both looks are stunning! And i love the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I think doing someone else's makeup is easy depending on their features...but that's probably because everyone in high school had me do their makeup and I got used to it.

    I love both looks, you're talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh em geee that gold and blue look is amazing! But I do love the simple look on Claire as well.

    Also:
    "The ferret princess is better than the unicorn queen, that bizyotch don't even have no proper crown!"

    I snorted really loud in the office when I read that and tea came out my nose! ;DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Claire looks so lovely! Great job! You look gorgeous too. I understand what you mean about doing make up on others... I used to do the guys' make up in plays and musicals in high school, which is so completely different than real make up. And just yesterday my brother's wife asked me to do her make up for her wedding party, and I"m like, "Uhhhh, no?!"

    I giggled like crazy at the ferret princess/unicorn queen comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both beautiful and that royal blue you're wearing is absolutely amazing. I wish I could pull it off - but I kind of want it just because you're wearing it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both looks are stunning! Really! I love the blue on yours!
    You 2 girls are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, both of you look great! It definitely is so much harder to put makeup on other people, especially if they have a very different eye shape or skin tone to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gold as liner is so beautiful especially against the blue! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job on both of you, though how hard is it to make 2 beautiful women look smashing?
    I want a crown too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Claire's little mouche is perfect :D Putting makeup on other people is a lot of trial and error, but I think that since you're already an artist, you have an edge over most. Not to mention that you seem to have a perfectly willing test subject! The Goldilux looks lovely on both of you, and I think that the "mess-up" turned out great since you wound up showing how Goldilux can look as a main color and as a liner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the gold liner with the blue lid colour, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! The crown kicks major ass too lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with KittenMittens... PREEEETY... and I have a "heart on" for that crown! *giggle gigglee* *_*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love both looks you did! Beautiful! I know what you mean about getting nervous doing someone else's makeup. When I've had people show up at my place to hang out, and then spring it on me that they wanted me to do their makeup (i.e. without deciding beforehand and me agreeing that I'd do their makeup or give them a lesson), it throws me off guard, makes me nervous and stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where did Claire get that crown? I SO want one!

    Doing make up is so much harder on other people. I used to work on make up counters, and I trained to do make up on other people, and it was really tricky! Practice makes perfect though, and I think it looks perfect anyway :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. You both look so lovely! I love the gold liner paired with the blue shadow. Very nice! Love the red lips on you!
    The ferret is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. CROWN! SO AWESOME. Her make-up is perfect and totally fit for royalty. I love the purple and gold eyes, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You both look like you belong in alice in wonderland :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Must. Have. Goldilux! And Claire's crown is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The look you did on her is so pretty, and Golidlux looks EPIC wetlined over that blue :O

    And yeah, her crown is amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!!! love the crown =) Very Alice in Wonderland indeed!

    x Mavy
    http://dialogueswithafruitcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You both looking stunning!

    I really love that gold colour will have to check out Sugarpill

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.